Saturday, January 17, 2015

I know I have already posted today but I have a free hour or two so I thought I would jot down a few more thoughts.  This is my afternoon to do home health care for a couple in our church.  I come in for a few hours twice a month to give the husband a chance to get out of the house and run errands or go to doctors appointments.   The wife is in her 80's, and while she is physically fine, she checked out of life after her daughter and granddaughter died in a car accident.  For the most part, she just sits in her chair and stares at the paper or magazine.  I try to talk with her but she only responds to yes or no questions, so generally, I just ramble on about my kids, the weather, or my dreams.  I keep myself busy by cleaning the house, fixing her dinner, and then just read or blog, like now.  Oh, I also keeping busy answering game show questions since the Game Show Network is always on. Ha...ha...  It is nothing glamorous and it makes me appreciate my parents health and energy all the more.  I know that with the house we plan to build, we hope to include a space for my in-laws to live in so that we can take care of them in their frail years.  I hope my experiences here will make me a better care giver.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment