Thursday, May 5, 2011

That's One Way of Doing It

My eleven year old likes to do math in his head.  Ok, let's be honest, he likes to do anything and everything in his head to avoid writing.  I have been working with him to write out each step of his math problems so that I can see his thought process and how he arrived at his answer.  But I have been dealing with a little opposition.

Today, Brian found a way to satisfy us both.  He discovered that he could write out and solve his math problems on his Nintendo DSi.  Mind you, it is not a calculator (those are forbiddden).  He is just typing in all the steps on his Nintendo.  He does the math on a separate sheet of paper, and then transfers the information to his DSi. 

I have to hand it to him.  I am quite impressed, actually.  So I guess this is our new way of "writing" down our math.  It works!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you can compromise!! Technology isn't it wonderful! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete