Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The guilt of having not posted anything lately is overwhelming but the reality is I don't have much to post...or do I?


What has happened in the past week and a half?  Now that I think about it, lots.

A week ago, my family was hit with a series of tornados.  If you have been on the internet or watched the news you would have heard about the storms in the southeast.   My brother lives in Alabama and my parents live in Chattanooga, TN.  Both areas were hit hard.  Whole communities that were the homes to my friends and classmates have been wiped out.  Communities such as Ringgold, Georgia,  and Apison, Tennessee to name two are just down the road from my parents.  After each wave of storms came through I talked to my parents to check in on them.  After the second wave, they had lost power and the third wave of storms/tornadoes brought baseball size hail.  Fortunately, they didn't suffer any loss other than their power and few dented gutters. Needless to say I spent most of last week watching the Weather Channel or on the internet reading the Chattanooga Times Free Press and watching the Chattanooga news channels to keep up to date on what is happening there.

Other than that no much is going on.  We are still working on school.  Everyone can see the end of the line and it is inspiring them to finish up their workbooks.  I have given them one new project to work on - a research paper.  I figure instead of each of them working on a research paper at different times of the year that we would all work on them together.  Brian has picked for his topic- Leavenworth.  Yesterday we went to the library and he got a couple of books on Leavenworth so we will begin the process of researching today.  For Bryce, we decided to start with a How to... paper.  He is going to start with how to make a smoothie.  lol

The saga concerning our house in North Carolina continues.  Our renter was to be out by Friday but wasn't.  She was delayed and to be honest I don't believe her excuse.  Regardless we can't list our house on the MLS system until the house is vacated.  Argghhh!!!  Todd is ready to fly to NC and help her leave, but she said she would be out by today.  I told my real estate agent to go ahead and put a sign up in the yard and I am expecting the paper work to show up today.  I am really praying that by the weekend we will have it in the system and the calls will start coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment