Thursday, May 26, 2011

Praises

Yesterday, I did a very hard thing. I paid another mortgage payment not knowing if we will have any money this summer.  It was a big step of faith for me to let that check go out in the mail.   It is funny how when we surrender everything over to God that He shows us how faithful He is.  A few hours later my husband called up to inform me that he finally checked on our pay schedule at the school where he teaches.  You see, we didn't know how the school paid...whether it was on a nine month schedule, ten month, or if they paid year round.  I assumed we would only get paid for the ten months that he was teaching and would be without income over the summer.  I saved up money to cover us during the summer months but these unexpected mortgage payments were using up all of that reserve.  My wonderful husband gladly announced that he would be getting paid all summer long.  Our financial problems were solved.  I felt God  telling me that I only needed to trust Him.  Once again He showed me that He is my Jehovah-Jireh.

Another praise is that our house is being shown to potential buyers tomorrow.  In fact, there are two showings scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment