Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Need Wheels

During our lunch break yesterday, the boys and I went on a walk to post up posters to advertise the middle school play.  I really like walking around town, but this was not going to be a casual stroll.  Brian took off on his bike and Bryce on his scrooter.  By nature I am a fast walker but I really had to book it to keep up with them. Once we got the posters put up we strolled over to the Townley's house to see if they needed any help painting.  The boys and I ended up moving some things around and prepping the dining room for Annie and Colton to paint.  Then it was time to head back home and finish our school work. 

After school work was done, Brian and Bryce's friend, Isaac, came over.  Once again the boys and I headed into town.  All three boys were on wheels - Brian on a bike, Bryce on a scooter, and Isaac on a rip stick (fancy skateboard, if you don't know what that is.).  Once again I was pushing to keep up with all three.  We went all the way downtown so that we could visit Mr. Lak at his ice cream store and get a ice cream cone, then off to Enchantment Park to play.  I really wish I had one of those body bodies to measure how far we walked and how many calories I burned.   All I know is that I was done for the day.  I whipped up an easy dinner then up to my room to finish out the laundry and clean up.

I don't know if I will be going on any power walks today.  I still need to get out to the Warnocks to garden and paint.  Maybe I can today.  But next time I head to Wenatchee I need to look at getting me some wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment