Monday, May 23, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Cleaning
Today the kids and I spent the day cleaning. 
The four of us washed walls, vacuumed and steam cleaned carpets and wiped down everything we saw.  I was so proud of the kids and how well they worked together.  Especially proud of Bonnie who had no problem visiting with our friend who is suffering from Alzheimers when she finished with her cleaning.  We are not done with all of the cleaning but the end is in sight.  We will head back over to our friends house again tomorrow morning to finish up.  School will be put off until the afternoon.

I am so thankful for this small job that we have been given to do.  The kids are excited about the fact that they can earn so money themselves.

Weight Loss
Today at the gym I was asked how much weight I have lost.  Can you believe after two months I haven't lost anything!!  I am obviously doing something wrong.  I do feel toned and more fit but I would love to lose a few ( a lot) of pounds and some inches.  I feel that I really need to work on my diet and change up my exercise routine.  My workout partner came up with some new exercises for us to use tomorrow.  We will see what works.  I really need to sit down with my brother's website, www.slimjimmenus.blogspot.com, and write down a week's worth of his menus.  He has lost over thirty pounds by changing his eating habits.
I don't know.  I am feeling really frustrated right now.

Vehicles
Todd started working on fixing his Blazer today.  He is tearing an engine out of another Blazer that was conveniently wrecked in the canyon last weekend.  I don't know how long this process is going to take.  Todd really doesn't have any spare time but he is trying to squeak out an hour or two in the afternoons to work on it.  My van is still in pieces and, well, who knows when we will get it back together.  I think the Blazer has taken first priority.

NC House
Our house in NC had a showing today.  Keep praying that we get a buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment