Friday, May 6, 2011

Praying for Leavenworth

I have just completed  my sixth week at the gym.  I am to the point that I am getting to know everyone's name and they are getting to know me.  Having that personal connection helps to motivate me every morning to climb out of bed and go up the hill to exercise.

It is really important to me to not only get in shape, but also to reach out to other people in our town to witness.  There is one gal at the gym that God has given me a heart for.  During the past couple of weeks I have been able to hear her life story.  I can rejoice that she has developed a personal relationship with God as she has traveled the road of drug addiction and sobriety.  She has been sober for the past several years but is still dealing with the reprecussions of having been a crack head.

Today as I was leaving the gym she asked for my workout partner ( Amber - who is a Christian, friend, and former drug addict). and myself to pray for her and her son.  What a blessing it was to be able to stand outside the gym and share God with someone.  The three of us stood out and prayed this morning, lifting up this precious lady and her family.

I am so excited to be doing ministry.  I am so excited to be given opportunities to pray and counsel others in the Lord.  Even more, I am excited to be able to share this with my children and continue to equip them to have a relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment