Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 2

Labor Day Weekend has come and gone.  It was fun to take the break.  Our friends, the Harpers, came over from Seattle for a few days.  Mike and Sue are our Rook buddies, so visits with them always mean late nights playing Rook.  When the girls get tired enough to go to bed the guys pull out the cribbage board and keep going. 

On Saturday, Todd and Mike took the kayaks up to Lake Wenatchee and paddled down to Plain.  The water is pretty low now and it made for a nice, easy paddle.   Sue and I took the kids to Black Bird Island.  Just off the island is a kid's fishing pond.  It is kept stocked with Rainbow Trout, so the kids are guaranteed to catch something.  We didn't have much to fish with, but the boys managed to pull in three fish for dinner that night. 

Once everyone was done fishing we headed over to the river to swim.   Even though the water is down, it still has a good current and is still ice cold.  After a while we headed back home but then decided to stop off at Barn Beach to swim in the swimming hole.  Finally, we meandered back home.

It was so nice having our friends with us.  Monday was quiet as everyone took it easy and just relaxed.  No extra kids around, just us.

Tuesday, we started week 2 of school.  I wish I could say it was as easy as week 1 but that wouldn't be the truth.  Everyone, including me, was sluggish. I didn't even make it to the gym.  My alarm went off and I purposely rolled over and reset my alarm for another hour of sleep.  I was feeling pretty rebelious at 5am.  House chores didn't get done properly, rooms stayed messy, and there were a few attitude issues. 

Today was better.  I made it to the gym.  Everone did their house chore, and we made it through our school work.  I even put up all the produce I gathered from my garden on Monday. 

So, here we are.  Two days left in the week.  No more holidays around the corner to get us off track.  For that I am thankful.  We need to get in the groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment