Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stomach Bug Strikes Again

Well, the stomach bug has struck again.  This time it's me.  Yep, Thursday night after dinner all of a sudden I wasn't feeling too well.  Bedtime I was feeling pretty queasy.  After watching Brian retch his guts out for eight hours on Tuesday, I had no desire to go through all of that agony, so I willed myself NOT to throw up.  All night I tossed and turned but I made it through the night without retching once.  Maybe that was a good thing, maybe not, because here it is Saturday night and I am still not well.  Maybe if I had given in to the nausea then I might be over this by now.

Todd took the day off Friday to stay home with the kids and monitor the kid's school work.  He read to them their history reading and made sure everything got done.  Of course, we had to cancel our co-op with our friends so no dioramas were made on Friday.  I am afraid I don't know how to totally relax and turn the reins over to someone else, so I did manage to come down around lunch and help Bryce out with some of his work.

This weekend is Autumn Leaf Festival so the kids and I managed to walk over to see the parade.  The fresh air and the little walk was good for me but I was ready for nap when it was all over.  I am able to do some things today but still not up to par yet.

Hopefully I will be back up to full speed by tomorrow.  It is too nice outside to be sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment