Friday, July 19, 2013

Sound of Music

Last night I got the privilege to work the concession stand for the Leavenworth Summer Theatre.  Throughout the summer LST puts on three musicals, but the most famous one is the
 Sound of Music. 

Every spring kids throughout Leavenworth try out to get one of the coveted roles as one of the Von Trapp children.  Bonnie tried out the last two summers to no avail.  It is very competitive.  I have always wanted to go see the production but prices are a bit steep for my blood.  However, if you volunteer to work at the concession stand you can see the play for FREE!  Wednesday night I got a call from my neighbor who was asked to work but couldn't and passed the request on down to me.  I jumped at the chance.


The set is amazing.  Of course you can see the backdrop is the Cascade Mountains.  From what I understand, just recently LST got a revolving stage (not pictured) which allows them to change from the convent, to the outdoor terrace, to Maria's bedroom in no time. 
Everyone involved was awesome.  Five year old "Gretel"  was adorable and the chemistry between Captian Von Trapp and Maria was amazing.  (It helps that they are married to each other in real life.)
I hope they call me again.  I need to get Bonnie on the volunteer list as well.  She was pretty jealous that I got to go last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment