Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dirty Jobs

Whether or not we will be able to purchase the Chumstick property, we have decided to clean it up.
Days have been spent burning everything we can and taking load after load to the city dump.  Last night we headed back out to the property to fill up another truck load of junk.

This time we decided to incorporate the use of the tractor by using the bucket to scoop up the piles of debris and help pull out some of the more heavy, imbedded junk.  Todd also decided that this would be a good time to teach me how to run the tractor.  Eeekkk!

I don't think I ever got the hang of it.  Stick shift is not my favorite and trying to remember which geared controlled which bucket and which way to push to get it to go up or down....well, I need some more practice.  I let Todd dump the contents into the back of the truck.  I didn't want to have any part in damaging it.

Today Todd and the boys will take the truck to the dump to off load the back end.  I don't envy that job.  I hope they bring a couple of shovels along to help scoop it out.  We have at least two more truck loads of junk to move off the property.  Then we still have piles of wood to burn, but we won't tackle that until this winter when people won't care about what you are burning.  

Tuesday night Todd wasn't thrilled with my dinner plans so he decided to take me out to eat.  :)
I will have to make more undesirable meals so that I can go out to eat more often.  lol
After eating at Los Comparos we stopped in at Lak's Galleria to grab an ice cream cone.  I was trying so hard to be good yesterday, but who can turn down an ice cream cone with your hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment