Friday, June 22, 2012

Glad That's Over

This week Bryce did his end-of-year testing.  I conveniently forgot to do everyone's testing last year. (The first year in seven that we didn't test.)  However, with Bonnie going to public school next year, I knew that I couldn't conveniently forget it again.  I chose to do the survey testing for Bryce and Brian, and the full battery of testing for Bonnie.  This week, Bryce came to church with me and I proctored his test while he took them.  He did well, I think, except for spelling.  Again, that is our big weakness.  It is hard to keep your mouth shut when you see your child answer their test wrong, but I have to remember this test is to evaluate his knowledge not mine.  I have a better idea of what I need to work on with him.  The question is to see how he ranks with others his age. Next week, I will test Bonnie.  I probably won't test Brian until August or September.

While Bonnie has been gone at camp staff training, Brian has been busy helping Todd with firewood.  In the afternoons the boys have been at the pool.  I managed to make three of the exercises classes at the pool.  Tuesday I went to the aqua jogging class.  That was a great workout.  I put a floatation belt on and then in the deep water simulated running. We ran hard and fast.  Talk about a good cardio workout.  On Wednesday and Thursday, I went to the water aerobics class.  Bryce joined me for both days and Brian joined me the last day.  Both boys enjoyed the workout and want to keep going with me.  Over half the class are retired people, but many thought it was great to see two young boys working out with them.   

This summer feels so busy that I have yet to relax.  After Vacation Bible School we are going to the ocean for a week. I can't wait.  I am looking forward to a week of total relaxation.


No comments:

Post a Comment