The Nutcrackers are done!
It took us about three days and several trips to various stores to find all the different candy pieces, but we did it!
We made a few variations.
We couldn't find gumballs which were needed for the hands and cheeks, so we used marshmallows and red M&Ms instead. I also couldn't find chocolate wafer cookies so we made some from scratch and used them for the hat, hat brim, and belt.
We used three different cake mixes - yellow, white, and chocolate. The hat and head are yellow, the chest is chocolate, and the bottom two are white.
All the Nutcrackers have been delivered. I kind of wish we had one or two extra to enjoy here at home, but we didn't have enough of all the extra pieces. oh well...