Friday, October 8, 2010

When I Grow Up.....

The other day during our Bible time, my nine year old announced to me,

Bryce:  "Mom, you know what I want to be when I grow up?" 
Me:  "No, what is it?" 
Bryce:  "I want to be a missionary.  The way I figure it, that is the most important job you can have.  You get to tell people about Jesus."

Wow,  talk about putting a lump in your throat.  Then, last night, the kids were playing at the elementary school playground down the road.  When I called to check up on them, Brian informed me that there were some kids there who were cursing at them and bullying them.  When asked if they needed to come home, he replied that the kids had moved to another part of the playground and it was ok.  So when they came home about a half an hour later, I asked them what had happened at the playground.  Bryce, my nine year old, pipes up, " I shared the gospel with them, mom."   He then told me how the other kids made the comment that everyone goes to heaven except those who are goth.  Bryce informed them that wasn't true.  He said, "The Bible says you have to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved."  When the kids kept saying "Oh My ____."  He explained that we should not talk that way because it is disrespectful to God.

Double Wow!!  My nine year old announces he wants to be a missionary and now he is out there witnessing to the children at the playground.  I am encouraging the boys to invite the kids at the playground to Awana.  I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment