Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tid Bits

While looking at the hutch next to the dining room table the other day, Brian pulled out the middle drawer which revealed a wine glass rack.  He asked me, "Did the Heaths use this?" At which time I replied that I didn't know if they did or not.  He looked at it again and said, "You know, if they are short enough, we could store bats in here."  HuH?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bonnie is on her first paid babysitting job!!  Downstairs she is watching 4 year old Alexus for the day while Alexus's parents are up in the mountains cutting down trees for firewood.  Bonnie is so excited.  We had quite the talk with her about this being a ministry as well as a money making opportunity.  It is important that she charge a fair amount so that the family not only can afford it, but will also be willing to ask her to babysit again in the future.  She has all kinds of things planned for her & Alexus to do, so I am staying out of the way and letting her be in charge.  I am very proud of her.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Todd is in the mountains today getting firewood.  He left with a gentleman who gets my father in laws wood and they plan to be gone all day.  I know Todd is having the time of his life.  He would have taken the boys with him except they are expected at a pumpkin carving party later this afternoon.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I am still canning. I managed to put up a batch of apple jelly on Thursday and I made 8 apple pies to freeze.  I still have three large bags of apples to put up. I am debating as to whether I want to make apple sauce or more jelly.  I will probably do both.  Todd also brought home eight pumpkins yesterday.  Four of them we will use for jack-o-lanterns but the rest I will freeze for pumpkin bread later on.  Yum! 

Now to clean house and work on Bryce's costume - He is going to be a dragon slayer this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment