Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Day Break

For  years, my children have asked to take a day off of school to celebrate their birthdays.  Always, I reply with the old adage, "You don't get a day off in the real world or even in public school," with the result of many sighs and moans. 

Today, however, I will make an exception to the rule.  Why?  It could be because I did not get a break this weekend and I really need the time to be prepared for this week.  It could be because we never take breaks.  Even when the public schools get fall breaks or winter breaks we keep on working.  It could be because last year we documented that we had 200 school days compared to the 180 school days required.  So for all of those extra 20 days of school, I think we can legitimately take one day off. 

Knowing me, I will probably find some "school" related stuff to do today without breaking open the workbooks.  For instance, I have really been wanting to go to Cashmere and visit their pioneer museum.  It is free and close to Wenatchee which means we can then justify going birthday shopping for Bryce.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan.  Before we go, I need to set up all the worksheets on how to write a book report and print out our time line sheets and maps for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment