Friday, October 15, 2010

School Is Not Just Books

Carpe Diem...Sieze the Day...! ( I love Dead Poet's Society.)

A "once in a life time" opportunity has been offered to us and I intend to seize it. 

We have been offered the opportunity to assist in ...drumroll......butchering chickens.

OK, I know I tend to be on the morbid side but this is Biology 101, animal husbandry, and agricultural studies all in one.  Many of you know that right before we left North Carolina I had jut got my chicken coop.  We were getting all ready to start raising chickens mainly for eggs but eventually for food.  I always felt I had it in me to do that nasty busy of butchering when the time came.  I call it the Meeks blood that is in me.  Now I get to face the music and see if I can really do it.  Oh, and you bet the kids are going to participate.  Bonnie is as excited as I am.  So it is off to breakfast, Bible and devotions then to the farm.
We'll do our best to get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment