Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday

You know, earlier I talked about my typical and not-so-typical days.   Well, I think my typical day is really my not-so-typical day and my not-so-typical day is my typical day.   Did you get that?

Today, we started off at the computer watching a video on Yom Kippur.  Our focus of study Biblically and historically is based out of Leviticus as we look at the Jewish holy days.  Since I am not Jewish and do not really feel like an expert on all of their practices that God established after freeing them from Egypt I went to my go-to-guide i.e. youtube.  Yesterday, we watched a very informative video on Rosh Hashanah and today we watched a few on Yom Kippur. 

After our video we worked on spelling and math and then headed over to my in laws to help my father in law stack wood.  It is that time of year that everyone is busily cutting wood and stacking it up for the winter.  Todd and the boys have been doing all that they can to help Don and today the boys, Bonnie, and I went over to help stack the last load.  Bonnie and I also walked to the library to return some books and run a few errands while the boys stacked but then returned to help finish the job.  By that time it was lunch and time to head home to feed everyone.

Once lunch was over we grabbed our science books and headed to the bathroom.  What?  You don't do science in the bathroom?
The kids are really enjoying science this year.  We are looking at how to conduct experiments in this module.  Terms like variables and constants are now in our vocabulary.  Today we were floating cardboard boats in the bathtub with different "motors" to see which one worked best.

Once we observed that one "motor" worked better than the others we then experimented to see why.  We spent a good hour on science and had a lot of fun.

Finally, everyone finished all their work and it was time to get ready for Awana.  Tonight's theme was "Pumpkin Patch" night.  The kids were to dress in pumpkin colors or like a pumpkin.  Brian is really not into dressing up or drawing attention to himself but fortunately for me Bryce loves to go all out for things like this.

Bryce wrapped two pillows around him and put Todd's orange football shirt on, a little orange face paint, and an orange hat with leaves attached to it completed his outfit.  Everyone got a kick out of it but he soon got too hot and shedded the pillows. 

We are back home from church now, the kids are in bed, and Todd is in the garage playing foozball with a fellow from church.  Me....well, I think I am going to find something interesting to watch on TV and settle down for the night.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment