Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Catch Up

Busy, Busy, Busy....that seems to be our theme.  I need to get a smaller camera and one that is easier to download pictures with to help me stay up on blogging....sigh....

 Bonnie has had two performances of her play so far.  This weekend is the final showing of Brigadoon.  I have to say that her performances have been exceptional.  She has been on pitch with all of her songs, very articulate, and very believable.  I filmed her Saturday night, but I am going to film it again this weekend to see if I can do a better job.  Then I have to figure out how to transfer it from a cassete to our computer.  The other bonus with Bonnie's play is that I have gotten to know two other homeschool families who children are also in the play.  One of them uses the Washington Virtual Academy so she gave me alot of positive feedback.  After a very lengthy phone call with WaVa yesterday, I will be signing Brian up soon with them instead of Insight.

 -Side note - Bonnie received Math Student of the Month.  !!

Brian earned his Tenderfoot badge in Boy Scouts.  Although he complains about going to scouts sometimes, secretly he really enjoys it.  It sounds like they will be doing a lot of activities this summer.  I am excited to hear what treks they will be going on.

I picked up all of my garden plants last night.  With temps in the upper 80s, it feels wrong to not plant although I should still wait another month.  It is ok to put in my "cold" weather plants so I will probably go ahead and plant my carrots, radishes, potatoes, and brocolli.  I decided to plant my lettuces in our back yard in the flower boxes.  I am also experimenting with some celery.  I don't they will work but it is worth a try.  My big problem is finding the time. 

Well, that is a little catch up.  I will  upload some pictures of Bonnie's play later.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment