Monday, December 17, 2012

A foot of snow fell last night.  We woke up to a Winter Wonderland outside.  At least it looked that way until you went out to shovel the stuff, then it was a heavy mess that had to be dealt with.  Todd woke the boys up so that they could help shovel out my mother-in-law and then shovel us out.  They weren't too happy since this was the first day of their Christmas break and they were really looking forward to sleeping in.


On a different note, my mother told me that she was going to make some chocolate reindeer for my uncle.  I hadn't made any for our family because I can't find the sugar eyes, so my mom bought me some eyes and mailed them to me.  I then made reindeer to add to our Christmas goodies
The reindeer are Nutter Butter cookies dipped in chocolate Almond bark, with pretzel antlers, sugar eyes, and a red hot nose. 

On a final note, a friend from church brought me some size 8 jeans and I can wear them!  Yeah!  I am still being good and sticking to the Prism program.  It has been challenging in that several people have given us all kinds of Christmas treats to enjoy.  I keep putting those things out for our friends to eat when they come over so that I don't have to look at it.  I admit that on Sunday I was in a bad mood and I am sure that part of the reason was because I couldn't eat the treats we were given. 

One last thought,  Bonnie and a friend from school sang a duet at the Lighting festival last night. I am proud of my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment