Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Snow

Snow...finally...snow!
There is just something about snow that makes you feel young again.  I hope it is here for keeps or at least until next March.  : )
This weekend marks the first lighting weekend for our town.  Thousands of tourists will visit us to see our town all lit up with thousands of LED lights hear Christmas carols sung up and down Front Street, witness the living nativity, and sled down the sledding hill.  Bonnie will be dressing up again as a Christmas character.  She will also be singing downtown at the gazebo with some other kids from her choir.  Her teacher specifically asked if she would sing with them, which is such an honor.  Brian will also be working downtown with the Boys Scouts selling something ( I don't actually know what they are doing downtown, except that he has to work for three hours the next couple of Sundays.) 

So with the snow falling outside, the fire crackling in the wood stove, Bonnie playing Christmas tunes on the piano, I say....Welcome Winter.


P.S.  I went out and bought a pair of size 10 jeans and they FIT!  One more week until I weigh in and get measured.  I am excited to see how much I have lost so far.  What an exciting journey this is!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You're super inspiring! How many weeks has it been since you started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this program 6 weeks ago. I has actually been 7 weeks since I cut out all sugar, flour, potatoes, pasta, etc. but I didn't start counting calories until 6 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete