Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Melting Away

I haven't talked about it much, but I am still on my weight loss program.  Thursday I will have completed my fifth week of counting calories and not eating sugar, bread, pasta, and potatoes.  I don't know how much weight I have lost because we aren't supposed to weigh ourselves until we have completed the six weeks of phase one.  I do know this...I HAVE LOST ONE PANT'S SIZE!!!  Not only that, but the size I am in now is getting loose, so I put on the next size down and THEY FIT!  I haven't totally moved into the next size down because they were a little snug but I could pull them up, zip them up, and button with no problem.   : )   Can you imagine that??? Two pant's sizes in 6 weeks! 

In the next phase, we add back in whole grains and potatoes.  Funny thing is I almost don't want to add them back in.  I think I am scared that my weight loss journey might stagnate if I do.  I know I will still have to count calories, weigh and measure my food so I should do fine.  It is great going through my closet and finding clothes that I haven't been able to wear since moving from Michigan which was seven years ago.  The one thing I need to do now is get back into the gym.

So here I am, a gal who a year and a half ago was wearing size 16 and now wears a size 12 comfortably and is flirting with a size 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment