Sunday, October 21, 2012

Staying on Track

I am at the end of Day Three of Week One of Phase One.  I have tried some new recipes and so far all but one was approved by the family.  The whole business about writing everything down is not so bad.  The thing I don't like is measuring everything out before I cook it.  It is taking me twice as long to put together a meal because I have to make sure everything I add to the pot is measured.  Hopefully these new recipes will be a part of our normal menu and I will memorize them.  My big victory for today was sitting through Sunday School class with cookies and sticky buns being consumed all around me.  I was not tempted in the least bit.  Tomorrow night will be challenge number two as we have Bible study at our house which always means having a snack.  Fortunately, I don't have to make anything since Diane offered to bring a pie.  Yet, again, I won't be able to eat any of it.  sigh....It is not so bad though.  I am satisfied and especially thrilled that my clothes are getting loose again.  I look forward to the day when I can successfully wear clothes in my closet that are the next size down.  When we moved from Michigan I was wearing a size 8 blue jean.  I would love to be able to wear them again. 

So here is to the start of another week....

No comments:

Post a Comment