Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Getting over the Hump

My daily devotions with my diet program stated that day 4 of the journey was when most people hit a wall.  The temptation to snack or break their resolution hits them.  I was surprised that by mid-afternoon I found the urge to munch.  Here's the thing.  I had been eating a lot of low calorie food so I could munch, the challenge was finding the right things to munch on.  My favorite snack is a piece of lunchmeat covered in cream cheese with a pickle spear in the middle.  Wrap it all up, and it is a yummy low-calorie snack.  By the end of the night, I still was under my daily caloric goal so I drank a glass of fruit juice and had a cup of coffee with Stevia and a tsp of creamer to meet my minimum goal.  My one concern was the major headache that plagued my evening.  I really believe it is from not having coffee that mornng.  I am going to stay off the coffee for the rest of the week and see how it impacts me.

On another note....Snow is in the forecast.  I am so glad I got the yard winterized last weekend.  Todd and the boys have been working hard at getting our firewood stockpiled and yesterday we fired up the woodstove.  

No comments:

Post a Comment