Friday, October 19, 2012

Day One

It is Day One of Phase One of my journey to lose weight.  After getting my handbook and cookbook last night, I sat down to map out my food for today.  Since I have to count calories for everthing that passes through my lips, I went on line and signed up with sparkspeople.com .  It is an online program that allows you to track your food and it calories.   I looked up everything that I planned to eat today and mapped out their calories.  I was even able to type in the ingredients of a soup I made to find out its nutritional information and calories. Pretty Cool! 

Now, my next task is to map out the next week.  Figure out my main meals and see what my calorie intake is to know how many calories have left for snacks through out the day to keep me going. 

Here is the rough draft for my menu today:
Breakfast:  1/2 cup of Quaker Instant Oatmeal mixed with 1/4 cup unsweetend applesauce, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and an 8 oz. orange juice.
Morning Snack:  1 Gala apple
Lunch:  2 cups of White Chili
Afternoon Snack:  2 Brown Rice Cakes
Dinner: Chicken Breast Piquant (Prism Cookbook), 1 cup of steamed Brocolli, 1 cup of unsweetend applesauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment