Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday

Yeah for Friday! 

It has been an odd week here.  Bonnie didn't have school Wednesday or Thursday due to parent-teacher conferences and with us getting ready for our missions conference I just didn't have it in me to do school after lunch this week.  So I let the boys off the hook in the afternoons.  Although I did push them to get majority of their work done in the mornings while we were at church.  That means they got done their math, language, spelling, penmanship for Bryce  and all of that plus history and science for Brian. In reality they got the majority, if not all of it, done, I just wasn't going to stress over anything after lunch.

My afternoons were spent prepping for the weekend,  that means, house cleaning, food prepping, baking, etc. So now it is Friday and the conference begins tonight.  We start off with soup followed by the missionaries sharing with us about their mission field.  Right now, the boys are upstairs with Matthias whose parents are missionaries to Thailand  Actually, this is Matthias's grandparent's house that we are living in.  The boys are having a blast with him.  The weather outside is pretty nasty - rain, grey, and gloomy, but the Weather Channel says it will be gone by 5 pm.  Of course, I am not going to bank on it.  I just want the rain gone by tomorrow so that we can go on a hike with our missionaries.


Of course, I am still sticking with my diet.  Tonight is soup night so that is easy.  I will just have a cup of soup that I brought so I know what is in it and the calories of it.  Tomorrow I am serving breakfast to the ladies and their children.  I am making some muffins that I can't eat so it is a bit challenging to make things like muffins, cookies, and pies knowing that their sweetness will never cross my lips, but I try not to dwell on it.  My biggest challenge has been trying to figure out what to pack for our lunches tomorrow since I can't have a sandwich.  I think I am going to have an apple, celery sticks with peanut butter and some dill pickles wrapped in cream cheese and ham.  This is one thing I do know, my pants are super loose!  I like that .  I am eager to try on some clothes that are hanging in my closet.  I can't imagine where I will be in five more weeks. 

Here is to a super busy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment