Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stepping Out of our Comfort Zones

I did it!
I stepped out of my shell and took advantage of an offer.

Tuesday, while standing in the check out lane at Safeway I listened in to a conversation between the cashier and the gal checking out in front of me.  They were talking about making cheese. 

I have just recently read about making your own cheese and am interested in it.  The task seemed it bit overwhelming to me and costly so I put it in the back of my brain and left it there until that moment.  When it was my turn to check out I mentioned to the cashier that I had been reading about making cheese but didn't know if I could do it.  Katrina, the cashier, told me to look her up when she wasn't working the register and would be glad to talk to me about it and that it was really quite simple.
Today, while at the store I ran into Katrina again.  I reminded her of her offer and told her I was very interested.  We set a date and next Monday I will be going to her house to learn how to make cottage cheese and mozarella cheese.

 I am really excited. 

It is not my nature to take advantage of people or to take them up on their offers but there is something about living here.  I feel bolder.  I truly want to get to know the people of Leavenworth.  It is such a small community and I want to be a vital part of it.  I can't wait.

___________________________________________________________

In other news,  yesterday was a RED LETTER day!!

Brian wrote an article for me!! 

Not only did he write one, but he also corrected the previous days article. 

I didn't quite brag on that one because it took us hours, literally hours, to get that one article out and I was exhausted by the end of the day.  I mean, school started at 8:30 and we did not finish until almost 7pm.  Ugh!  But yesterday went much smoother and the kids realized that mom was not going to give into their whining and they were going to be held accountable to do their work no matter how long it took.  I am going to have Summer Break so we are going to finish all of our work by mid June come **** or high water.

Here is the article Brian wrote:

Strategy Over Strength

Alba and Rome were fighting over who is better.  Rome is the new city-state filled with robbers, convicts, and rejects of society.  In fear of losing their armies, three men, in fact, brothers, were chosen to represent their country.  Representing Rome were the Horatii brothers.  Representing Alba were the Curatii brothers.  Both sets of brothers were strong and handsome. 

After an intense battle, one of the Horatii brothers died.  The remaining two rebounded pushing the Curatii back, but the Curatii find a way to strike killing the second Horatii.  The one remaining brother tricks the Curatii into a trap.  By pretending to run off, he manages to seperate the Curatii which allowed him to kill them off one by one, giving Rome the victory.


Well...it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment