Monday, February 24, 2014

Surprise...surprise..it's snowing in Leavenworth!

It has been three weeks of snow here and I am not complaining.  I do love the snow.  I love the challenge of driving in it.  I love how beautiful it makes everything around us.  I am not ready for spring. I will be in a month, but for now I am soaking up the snow. 

Tonight, Bonnie starts her first night of training for DYW.

Distinguished Young Women of Washington 2013
  I am pretty nervous for her.  To be honest, I think she would be fine if she didn't do the competition, but we are in to so we are going to make the best of it.  She had me proof read the speech she is to give to the local groups who will be sponsoring her.  Her speech is to be about the person who has most influenced her.  I was pretty excited to see that she wrote her speech about her dad.  I figured she would, and I am happy with her choice. Her talent is a little tricky.  We settled on her giving Puck's epilogue from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream.  It is a little short so they may ask her to do something else.  I am curious to see what she has to say about tonight's meeting.

We both agreed that if she had done the high school musical she would be heading for a nervous breakdown about now. Fortunately, she doesn't have that pressure on top of everything else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment