Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day

It is so nice to have a break. I can't tell you how nice today has been. It has literally been months since I have had a relaxing day. Usually, if I get a free morning my time is spent in the kitchen baking, filling up my pantry or bread basket. Today, I spent my free time cleaning, grinding wheat with my new food mill, vacuuming and laundry. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but I can look at my house and feel like I have accomplished something. Todd and the boys went out to the property to work on the fire wood some more, while Bonnie worked on her college papers. She is preparing for her finals which are in four weeks. Right now, Bonnie is performing in the high school play, Absurdities. Absurdities is a series of six hilarious sketches that her director put together. The humor of the sketches reminds me of Monty Python. The kids are doing an excellent job and Bonnie is having a lot of fun. Sadly, Bonnie decided that she will not be participating in the spring musical, Oklahoma. It is more important for her to keep her GPA up and the college course load is more than what she expected. In addition, we need her to take driver's ed this winter/spring so that she can drive herself to the community college. Our Monday night Bible study will be starting in a couple of hours so I need to focus on getting ready for that. Fortunately, I have the snack all ready prepared- frosted apple squares...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment