Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday

Craziness....that is how I would sum up this past week. I haven't worked in years and to be working 10 to 12 hour days is like jumping in to the deep end of the pool.  I only have three more days to work besides today so I will make it.  It has put a kink in our regular routine however.

Today, the cast is filming at Snow Grass Lodge in Leavenworth.  It is a beautiful log home with lots of rooms, fireplaces, and....well...I think I will just stay here.  I understand yesterday they did school out at the fish hatchery.  School was in a drafty tent with heaters and port-a-potties took care of their needs.  Yep, I will take this warm, cozy lodge over a drafty tent any day.

The kids have done twenty minutes of school for every two hours of filming.  Not a lot of school getting done right now.  One of the girls has to take some tests so that is going to be our challenge.


My kids are at home doing their own school.  A friend of ours has volunteered to sit with them and watch over their school work while I am on the set.  I am really thankful for this opportunity  because it is also pushing my kids to be more independent in their schooling.



Over the weekend I was able to be with my family.  Bonnie tried out for summer theatre.  There were about twenty girls trying out for the part of Louisa and Brigetta Von Trap.  Bonnie did not get the part, but she did learn what it is going to take to be apart of summer theater.  One thing we need to look into is voice lessons.

The boys had their first wresting competition.  Both boys were the first to score points in their match, but both boys ended up getting pinned.  They learned a lot and now know what skills they need to work on as well.
So many fun opportunities here.  So thankful to be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment