Monday, March 14, 2011

The song "Kiss the Day Goodbye" keeps running through my head.  Probably because that is how I feel right now.

No one wanted to get up this morning.  I don't know what is in the air.  Maybe it is that pre-spring break syndrome - that long drag between Christmas break and spring break.  Whatever it is, no one was eager to do work.  Once I got Todd fed and out the door, the kids started to slowly emerge and I began to get ready for the day.

My first task was to talk to our mortgage lender in North Carolina to see if it was worth refinancing our house since we didn't sell it.  He advised me not to since we still hope to sell it within two years.  Then I showered and headed downstairs for some serious learning.  Book learning, however, was not apparently on God's agenda. 


No sooner did I call the kids down to school than a fight broke out between the boys a learning opportunity presented itself.  The next hour was spent learning how to work out our differences and how to communicate effectively with one another.  Finally, we could pray and begin our school day.  Forget the fact that it is now ten o'clock. 

I decided to read the God King to the kids this morning.  I hope to be able to make time every day to read a chapter or two.  Then it was off to our math books.  By the time math was done , it was lunch time and I was fried from all the emotions and counseling I had to do this morning. 

The second half of the day was not very profitable either.  Outside situations came up that required my husband's and my attention.  People and things that require our attention started piling up.  To top it all off, our
car is in need of repair and not drivable. Todd took it apart yesterday, but it appears he won't have anytime in the next few weeks to fix it so we decided to bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic. More precious time lost.  Argghhh!  

When I look back on our day, we accomplished math, language, reading, and some history/Bible.  It wasn't a total loss.  Now time to bake cookies and get ready for Bible study.  How long til spring break again?

No comments:

Post a Comment