Friday, March 11, 2011

They Can Do It!

What a joy it was today to see how my kids were doing with school on their own.
  Everyone had completed their assignments.  They were reading their history books on their own.  Even my struggling reader was proud to say he had read his assignments.  When I asked him about his reading he was able to share  with me all that he had learned.  Hope Springs Anew!!!  They can do it!  I like reading aloud to my kids and having group discussions on historical events and people.  I like knowing that they are getting it all but the time is here that they need to be able to read the material for themselves and prove it that they know it by their conversations, their written work, and their tests. 

I am ready to cut the apron strings and send them off to to do their work independent of me.  I will, of course, continue to read the same books they are reading so that I can talk with them about the same subjects, but we all need some independence from each other.  

On the other hand, I am back at work. Currently, I am proctoring one of the actors as she takes her Chemistry test.  The filming lately has been so busy that the kids can't seem to get more than 20 minutes done at a time.  Jenna has had three exams to take each needing 90 minutes to take so I have had to either stay after filming to administer the test or come in early.  Few people are here on set right now, just the behind the scene guys who are setting up the scene.  Everyone else will be showing up in about an hour to start filming.  They said we might be here to past midnight.  Bring on the coffee!!

So might little adventure is almost done.  One more day of work and then back to normal.  Then again...what is normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment