Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Day to Sleep In

Finally a day to sleep in.

I know that we had a two week break just a week ago, but every day was so full that there were not any opporturnities to just relax.  Finally, that day is here.  Of course, if I was a really good wife, I would have gotten up at 6 to make my husband a good breakfast before he headed out to go kayaking. However, I asked to sleep in, and he opted for McDonalds instead.

The boys have their friend Dante over this weekend.  They stayed up late playing games and slept in as well in the living room.  With a teen now in the house, you know Bonnie will grab as much sleep as possible. : ) So she slept in late as possible.

Our agenda for today is pretty simple.  Todd is off kayaking in Plain on the Wenatchee River.  The boys are playing with Dante.  Around noon, Bonnie's friend, MacKenzie, will be coming over to hang out while her mom goes skate skiing.  Around 2, Mackenzie and Bonnie are heading to MacKenzie's house for the rest of the day.  By that time, Todd should be home, and I am hoping to run into Wenatchee to get a few more supplies to finish my present for my sister-in-law, Betty.

Bonnie is pretty excited about going to MacKenzie's.  MacKenzie's family lives in an area here in Leavenworth that is only accessible by snowmobiles in the winter time.  Snow plows do not venture up their roads, so they park at the bottom and ride snowmobiles for 3 miles to their house.  So today, Bonnie gets her first snowmobile trip.  (As you can imagine, the boys are jealous.).  I know she is going to have an amazing time today.

Other than the basic house hold duties, I plan to take it easy and enjoy the day.  The sky is bright blue, the sun is shining, and a few cumulus clouds are in the sky.  You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day.

1 comment: