Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fooling Around

Bonnie and her friend, Alyssa, were dancing around the living room the other night showing Todd and I their dance routine for the high school play, Once Upon A Mattress. They were so funny.  I am glad that Bonnie has such a good friend. 

Brian is reading Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls.  It is not for school, but mainly to get him to love reading.  He read Where the Red Fern Grows also by Wilson Rawls first.  He tried to fake his way through but since Todd and I know the book he didn't do a good job of fooling us.  Todd made him read a half hour a day and then give an oral report and quizzed him.  Before long, Brian was engrossed in the book.  I know he got sucked into the story when he was in tears at the ending.  Of course, he was not happy that we made him read such a tragic book.  I then told him to read the Summer of the Monkeys which is also about a boy and his dog, but in this book you will laugh.  In fact, I was thrilled to see that Brian would not put the book down on Friday and at times I saw him laughing to himself as he was reading.  What a thrill that is for me! A new world is opening up to him and I can't wait to see what he will read next.



No comments:

Post a Comment