Sunday, February 19, 2012

Moments That Make Mom Proud

Yesterday, my eldest son spent the day skiing up on Ski Hill here in town.  He had been gone a couple of hours so I decided to drive up to the ski area to check in with him and see how he was doing.  He skied up to me and the first words out of his mouth were, "Mom, I got to preach to someone today."  The someone wasn't just anyone but a young boy who attends our Awana club on Wednesday nights.  This boy isn't just any clubber either, but a young boy who is being raised by relatives and has some issues that he is working through.  We have been working hard with him and his family trying to make it possible for him to be a part of our Awana club. I was excited to hear that Brian had not only taken time to ski with this young boy, but also to spend their time together talking about God.  Isn't that what we desire for our children once they have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior to then share that Good News with their friends and acquaintances?  I know it is my desire, and after hearing my son, I couldn't be more proud of him for being a witness to those around him.

Ski Hill, Leavenworth, WA

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You and Todd must be doing some great things with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete