Sunday, January 15, 2012

I have to say that I absolutely love this town.

It is the Ice Festival weekend here in Leavenworth.  We did not go down yesterday for the snow sculpture contest nor the slooshing or even to watch the snowboarders do their tricks.  But tonight, we headed downtown to watch the firework show.  It was pretty awesome.  We can't do fireworks over the fourth of July or even New Years because it is a fire hazard during those times, but evidently the forest service feels that by mid January it is safe to shoot them off.  After the fireworks, everyone was invited to head over to the Festhalle to watch a free movie on snowboarding and skiing.  On a whim, the boys and I headed over but after a half hour of waiting decided to skip the movie.  I didn't have my phone on me and Todd did not know where we were at, plus someone had to pick up Bonnie from  youth group at eight.  Oh well.  I think the boys would have liked it if we had stayed.

Regardless, I love all the free, fun entertainment that is right out our front door.  Just a few minutes walk away and we can have a ton of experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment