Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

We have so many things to be thankful for.  

First and most importantly is my salvation.  I am a child of God, and praise the Lord that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty for my sins and I am eternally His.

Second is my family.  I am blessed to have a husband who is not only a child of God but desires to share the Gospel message to those around him.  As I sit in the pews each week and listen to him share the Word of God, I am so thankful at how God has worked in my husband's life and renewed the passion in him to serve as a minister of God.  My children are also pretty  awesome.  They are still a work in progress, but they all know and love God.  I continue to see them make wise choices when it comes to choosing right from wrong, God's ways verses the world's.


Third is my heritage.  I am grateful to have Godly parents who laid the foundation of choosing to follow God no matter what.  I know that their families could not comprehend why my parents left their hometown to go to a Bible school to study God's word in depth.  My parents demonstrated to us kids the importance of choosing God and living out His word in their daily lives.


Finally, I am thankful for my spiritual family here in Leavenworth.  I feel so blessed to be here in Leavenworth.  Our church family has loved on us in so many ways.  What a blessing it is to be serving with them.  


This day of Thanksgiving is just about over but the feeling of thanksgiving never ends.  Each day we are reminded of God's goodness to us and of the things we can be thankful for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In case you are curious, our day today was pretty casual.  I had planned to go to the gym this morning -  you know, to get a good workout in before consuming mass quantities of food.  Todd, however, wanted me to take him up to Lake Wenatchee so that  he could go kayaking.  His need to get out on the water was more important than mine so I gave up my gym time to drop him off at the lake.  By the time I got home it was after 9am.  I made the kids breakfast, got the newspaper to look through all the ads and then made green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole for the Ells Thanksgiving feast.  At one we went over to Todd's parent's house for Thanksgiving.

The rest of the day was spent vegging in front of the tube, playing cards, and then a trip downtown to go sledding .

It was a nice relaxing day at home with the family.

The kids and Todd digging tunnels in the snow bank down by the gazebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment