Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekends...Good or Bad???

Getting back into the school grind is always a challenge after a long weekend.  Not only did we take President's Day off but we also took off Friday due to a Memorial being held at the church.  The kids and I served at the Memorial from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.  The kids brought some school work with them to finish the week up but other than that it was a no school day for us.

Needless to say, it was difficult to get back in the grind.  Somehow we managed though.  Brian is starting the Algebra segment of math which excites me.  Bonnie is still working her way through her Algebra book but I am still leaning on Todd to check even my work.  I really need to get a teacher's key.  Bryce is doing well in everything.  It is joy to work with him.

Today was especially exciting.  I got all the information needed for Bonnie to audition for the Leavenworth Summer Theatre.  Every year they put on the Sound of Music and use local kids to act out the parts.  Bonnie will be trying out for the part of Louisa so right now she is memorizing the song "So Long Farewell." and we will see if she makes it past the cuts.  Tryouts are March 5 so I will let you know how it turns out.

The day is just about over.  I need to fix some spaghetti and settle in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment