Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kayaking


Friday has become Todd's day to go kayaking.  Yes, it is winter time.  Yes, there is snow on the ground and ice floats in the water.  And, Yes, my husband can't wait to get on the water.  This is his time off; his way of relaxing; his way of refreshing himself.

On this particular Friday, we woke up to ice covered vehicles and roads.  In fact, the schools were delayed to allow the salt/sand trucks to prepare the roads before the buses could get out.  Ice, however, didn't stop Todd.  He loaded up the kayak on the top of the Blazer, and had me follow him up the Tumwater Canyon.  We dropped his truck off at the Tumwater Campground and then Todd jumped into the Blazer with the boys and me and we drove up to Plain. 

Todd chose to get into the Wenatchee River near The Rock, a favorite swimming spot.  Everything was covered in ice.  To get some pictures of Todd, the boys and I walked/skated down to a snow/ice covered bridge.  I was too scared to go to the edge of the bridge to get really good pictures.  I had fears of slipping on the ice and sliding through the railings so the boys and I stayed safe in the middle.  That meant I had to duck and try to get pictures through the railings to see Todd.
Todd usually takes someone with him but decided to go solo today.  This particular route took him five hours the last time he went down it, so I was surprised to see him back home just two hours later.  The water was rising and flowing a lot faster due to the warm weather and rain. 

I try not to worry about my adventerous husband.  I know he needs these moments to feel refreshed.  He doesn't get a day off so I won't begrudge him a few hours to himself, just cover him in lots of prayer. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment