Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Tennessee Home

The boys and I are on vacation!   Tuesday morning, like 2 am, we got up and headed to Seattle.  By six we were on our way to Tennessee.  We are going to be here for a week visiting my parents.  So far mom and I have gone shopping for the family and today we took the boys to the Chickamauga Battlefield.  I love history!   If we lived in the south I would be a living historian spending my days at historical sites pretending it was the 1860s.  You can't go to Chickamauga without visiting the Wilder Tower.  The Wilder Tower is a monument dedicated to an Indiana battlion.  It is built like a castle turret and is about three stories high.  You can climb up inside it and there is an awesome view overlooking the battlefield.

Tonight I am having dinner with some high school friends.  I am looking forward to seeing my friends.  It has been 26 years since we graduated.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment