Sunday, August 18, 2013

I just read my last post and it sure sounds chopping.  It is hard to type on an iPad and let your thoughts flow.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get on my dads computer and get some of the pictures he has taken over the course of this week.  Just to fill you in.  We spent Friday on Signal Mountain and Lookout mountain at two more Civil War Military Parks.  Did you know that the Chickamauga/Lookout Mountain military parks were the first Civil War parks to be established.  The veterans of the war came to the dedication and helped determine the placement of all the cannons and placed monuments were their battalions fought.  Quite humbling.  Friday night my mom and I took the boys to the movies to see the new Percy Jackson movie.  On Saturday we all went to Lake Winnipesaukee amusement park.  Thank goodness for Dramamine!  After a quick shower and dinner we then all headed back up Signal Mountain to hear my dad play in the Uptown Big Band.
Today we went to church were Dr. Gene Getz was the guest speaker and then a trip to moms favorite flea market.  Tomorrow we plan to visit the boys favorite park in Collegedale, laundry, and packing.  Our vacation is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment