Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Traditions

It is a tradition in my family to have homemade noodles with your turkey and mashed potatoes.  I don't know who started this tradition but I know that my mom, her sister, and my dad's sister all do it. 


This year we will be having Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family so I am off the hook with all the cooking.  However, I do enjoy cooking a big turkey and all the extra meat and broth it provides for other meals, so I decided to go ahead and bake my own turkey just for the fun of it. 


Last night I baked my turkey, and it was my best turkey yet.  It was a sixteen pounder. We got a lot of meat off of it, and I saved all the drippings to make broth with.  Today I made noodles so that tonight we can have our homemade noodles cooked in turkey broth with turkey meat inside.  We also like to serve it on top of mashed potatoes, again I don't know why, but we do.  So fortunately, I have some left over mashed potatoes from last night as well to serve with it.

I am looking forward to dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment