Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nose Hair Freezing Cold

It is COLD outside.  Zero degrees cold.  Nose hair freezing cold.  AND I love it!!

Why?

Because of this.......

..... a wood stove. 

It is so toasty and warm inside that I can barely stand it.  For so long we froze in the winter.  I would tell Todd we need a wood stove when we lived in North Carolina but he did not want to mess with it.  Now we are back in Washington and a wood stove to boot! 


 I went outside yesterday and stood outside our house to get this snapshot.  Snow has covered everything.  The branches of all the pines, furs, and spruces are all weighted down with the weight of it.  The streets are white with snow and everything looks clean and beautiful.  It is amazing how snow can even make some one's junk look pretty.

The kids built a snowman during the first snow fall.  Our yard collects so little snow due to a huge maple tree that they had to scrape the sidewalks to get all the snow they could.   Now the poor snowman has been gutted out and has been turned into a one man fort.

I keep telling them that the snow is going to be around for a few more months so don't fret.  They will get plenty of snow time.  We went back downtown yesterday, when all of our school work was done, to do some more sledding.  I really need to find a couple of more sleds.  Those round disc sleds are the best for this snow.  The kids can really fly on them.  I have a feeling we will probably head back down to the sledding hill again today. 



3 comments:

  1. Oh that just looks so beautiful Kellie! I always love how snow makes everything so clean and nice to look at.
    I'm so glad that you got your woodstove! It is so nice and the heat is like no other. I love to feel the warmth that they put off.
    We have our outdoor woodstove but it's not quite the same. I wish that we had something inside. I keep telling Rob that it would be nice to have something inside just in case, but really I would like to sit in front of a fire again. There is nothing more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the stove although I haven't got used to keeping tabs on it. A couple of times I have let the fire die out, and I stood within 3 feet of it all day working with the kids and cooking. I just don't think to turn around and check it. I'll learn though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are keeping warm. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete