Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm a lumber jack......

Ok, I know that is not the best of songs, but for some reason every guy I ever liked or dated knew it and would sing at random, so as my husband spends his time cutting down trees, hauling timber, and splitting wood I can't get the song out of my head.

Our school day got interrupted this afternoon due to snow.  Yes, you heard me, snow!  It was exciting to see the snow coming down and slowly stick to the ground but it also reminded us how we weren't ready for it yet.  My husband quickly sent everyone outside to finish gathering up the leaves that were piled up on the yard while he got busy splitting more firewood.  The leaves were supposed to have gotten picked up yesterday but the boys had made a leaf fort and wanted just one more day to play in it.  Now it has to go before it gets frozen to the ground.

While the boys bagged up the leaves ( I think it took about six or seven bags.  There were a lot of leaves.) Bonnie stacked all the firewood that Todd split.


Todd is hoping to go out on Thursday to get at least one more cord, that is if the weather permits.  There is another pile of wood behind the shed still in rounds but I guess you can never have too much wood. I have to say it is really nice to have a warm house. 

After the leaves were bagged and the wood was split and stacked it was back to work on school. Now how does that song go again....?

2 comments:

  1. I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
    I go to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays I go shopping,
    and eat buttered scones for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I knew you knew what I was talking about. I started watching a clip on you-tube with the kids but then the lyrics went down hill...sigh

    ReplyDelete