Saturday, February 28, 2015

Jazz Festival

We are in historic Moscow, Idaho at the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival with Brian and members of his high school concert and jazz bands.  I am exhausted.  My eyes are heavy with sleep, but we are having a good time.   So far we have attended two concerts given by the Airmen of Note, and a group of all-stars jazz performers.  Today we have attended workshops dealing with improvisation,  hearing notes and the emotions they evoked, and now we are waiting to learn about spacing your improv. Properly.  After a few hours of free time and dinner it will be time for a few more concerts.  I hope we make it to bed by midnight.

It is cool to hear the conversations around me, and see so many teenagers eager to jump up on stage to learn from the pros.  I know that by the time this weekend is over I will be worn out but it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment