Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrating Mom's Birthday




 Happy Birthday Mom!  

Today is my mom's official 70th birthday, but we celebrated it last week in Indiana with all of our family and friends. 

 
 To make things easier on everyone, we invited all of our family to meet us at the Golden Corral Restaurant in Noblesville.  We had quite a turn out.  Two of mom's sisters, Itsy and Patty, and their husbands as well as, mom's brother, Charles came out.  Dad's sister, Gloria, and her husband joined us a well.  Then there were all of the nieces and nephews with their spouses and children. 
 Mom's high school friends, Carol Sue and Kathy came as well.  Kathy's family used to have a trailer out at Silver Lake right next to my dad's parent's trailer.  Kathy and her family and my dad with his family would spend their weekends up at Silver Lake swimming, boating, and fishing.  Mom would visit Kathy sometimes but dad never even noticed her.  It wasn't until he was out of high school and had stopped off at the Top Hat to get a bite to eat that he first noticed mom. 
 I love seeing my cousins.  Even though we would only see them a couple  of times a year, I love being with them.   Pictured here with mom is my cousin, Julie (on mom's right).  Julie is Mary's daughter.  On mom's left is my other cousin, Laura (aka Kay Kay).  Laura is Patty's daughter. 
Pictured here is mom's brother Charles in the green sweatshirt.  Standing up is mom's oldest sister, Itsy with her husband, Bob.

We had such a great time celebrating mom and visiting with family.  My brother did a great job of putting together a slide show of mom for us to see.  He even played a dvd of what life was like in 1944 when mom was born while we all were eating.  Time went way to fast.  We probably could have stayed there all evening visiting.  I love my family.  I love my Indiana roots.  I am so thankful for my mom.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment