Thursday, June 23, 2011

Without too much fanfare, the kids and I got the church sanctuary ready for Vacation Bible Adventure (otherwise known as, VBS) today.  Our church is too small to put on VBA by ourselves, so we are blessed to have a sister church from Seattle who comes over every year and puts on VBA for us.  

I have been involved with VBA for years and wasn't too excited to sit back and let someone else do all the work, so I asked the children's pastor from Berean Bible Church if I could help out.  We agreed that I could decorate the main stage and that our youth could be responsible with games.

There was a lot of stuff I would have liked to do, but I have to be realistic.  First of all, we just don't have the budget nor all the resources that I had last year in North Carolina.  Secondly, I am still learning how things are done around here.  Slowly I am learning how things work and how I can fit in and help out.

I am looking forward to having the group from Berean here.  Half of the group will be sleeping next door to us and our good friend and her daughter will be staying with us.  There is going to be lots going on besides VBA -picnics, tubing, cookouts, etc.  It is going to be a fun filled week.  Best yet, the day after they leave my parents will be here from TN.  


The countdown to lots of fun is about to begin.




Oh....one last update on our vehicles (Yes, I said vehicles.)  Todd is almost done with the Blazer.  In fact, I expect him to be driving it home tomorrow.  Yeah! 
And the van...well, it died again...in Wenatchee...AGAIN!!  Right now it is sitting at the parking lot for the Wenatchee National Forest Headquarters.  At least I got all of my shopping done before it died.  Todd's mom, came and picked us up and all of our Costco  goods.  I don't know what is wrong with it now.  All I know is I was going up a hill and it wouldn't get up to speed.  When I tried to go up a hill again, it totally lost power and I ended up putting the vehicle in reverse and coasted down to the forest service parking lot.  Thank goodness no one was on the road with us and I had a place to park it.  Will it ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment