Saturday, September 25, 2010

Reuniting with Old Friends

This was a fun weekend.  Our friends, the Harpers, came over from Seattle to spend a few days with us.  You see, we have known the Harpers since our college days, at least my husband has known them since then.  I didn't get to know them until we were married which, by the way, we were married a week apart from each other.  So for the past 17 years plus the Harpers have been our friends.  Our friendship began in Michigan where my husband and they went to Grace Bible College.  Four years ago we moved from Michigan to North Carolina and a few months after we left, they left MI and moved to Seattle, WA.  With our move to WA two months ago, we have the opportunity to be reunited and continue our friendship. 

One of our favorite past times is to play Rook.  Sue and I always partner up against the guys.  We have a lot of fun and some late nights.  I am proud to say that Sue and I won the Rook Tournament this time around.

While we played Rook, the kids enjoyed spending their evenings playing Risk.  We had a lot of fun with each other.  I think one of the reasons why this reunion went to so well was because Sue and I blog.  Sue got me on to blogging four years ago when I saw her recording her daily activities and pictures on her blog.  I felt so close to her and found myself watching her kids grow up on the computer.  I wanted her and my family to be able to have the same experience as well and started my own blog. 

On Friday, the boys went hiking.  Todd took the boys and Mike up to the Lake Wenatchee area and hiked up to Heather Lake.
Everyone did great on the hike.  The boys had a great time.

They finally made it and now they can start fishing. 

Zach was the only one to catch one.  Todd gutted it and brought it home.  Mike cooked it up and everyone got a taste of it.  It was really good.  Thankfully, we weren't dependent on them to bring home supper or we would be very hungry.

  The girls, however, stayed in town and shopped.  Sue, Bonnie, Bailey, and I walked all over Leavenworth visiting the shops in Leavenworth.  We had so much fun.  I think our favorite was the hat shop.  Any and every hat possible is sold there.  The girls tried on hat after hat.  Sue got lots of great photos.

It was sad to see them go but plans are underway for us to head over to Seattle one day next spring to see their new home and see the sights and sounds over on the other side of the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time, Kellie! Thanks again for opening your home to us! (I blogged about the weekend, too. LOL)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete