Thursday, June 25, 2015

Almost Ready

Todd has been digging out our foundation for almost a week!  His goal today is to have it all level and completed.  Crews are supposed to show up on Saturday to set the forms for the foundation.  It is really happening!  Of course, we are still waiting on our loan to be finalized but all we need there is for the review board to sign it, then we sign it and we are off!  

Our big hurdle last week was to prove to the bank that we were not in a flood zone even though FEMA said we were.  Fortunately our appraiser acknowledged that we were not in the flood zone and the bank accepted his word which is good because it was going to cost us $1200 to prove otherwise.  

We are all getting anxious.  A big part of me wants to start looking at tile and cabinets and counter tops, but I am going to be patient and wait for our contractor to tell me when to look.  In the mean time, I am keeping busy getting ready for next school year.  So much for a summer break.  I picked up my curriculum earlier this week and have begun making lesson plans, schedules, syllabuses, and power points.  I will be teaching 5/6 science, 7/8 science, Biology, Algebra 1 and Algebra 2.  I also got my class list.  Right now my largest class has 6 students and my smallest class has 4 students.  Each class is 40 minutes.  Crazy as it might sound, I am very excited.  I already know half of the students and most of the teachers.  This feels so right.  The peace that I feel is overwhelming.  It just makes for one very hectic, busy summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment